1. The Zusha Road Safety Campaign (the “Campaign”) is open to Kenya residents aged 18 and over subject to paragraphs 2 and 3 below.
2. Employees or agencies of Digital Divide Data, its group companies or their family members, freelance contributors to DDD or anyone else connected with the Campaign may not enter competitions associated with the Campaign.
3. Entrants must be resident in the Kenya from the time they submit their entry into the Campaign to the time they are selected as a winner (as a Monthly Winner and/or as the Overall Winner, both as defined in paragraphs 16 and 19 below).
4. The Campaign is open to all members of the public (except as stated in Paragraph 2).
5. Participants/Entrants into the Campaign shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
6. To participate in the Campaign, you must sign in to Zusha Road Safety using your Google, Facebook or Twitter account and submit jpeg photographic image, the subject of which relates to the campaign theme. In submitting your entry, you must follow the instructions on Zusha Road Safety Help section.
7. If you have any questions about how to participate or in connection with the Campaign, please e-mail us at: email@example.com with “Zusha Road Safety Campaign” in the subject line.
8. Users are responsible for the cost (if any) of Campaign submissions.
9. The image must not have been published previously in/on any other publication or website.
10. Multiple entries are permitted per person in the monthly competition. The winner shall be the owner of the Google, Facebook or Twitter account from which the selected winning entry is sent.
12. By submitting an entry to the Campaign, You grant DDD:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on Zusha Road Safety websites and digital assets including but not limited to zusharoadsafety.org (“ZRS Websites”) and you grant ZRS a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right
to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Campaign entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in ZRS publications) for purposes connected with the Campaign and as described in these Terms and Conditions (including as described in paragraph 20); and
b. The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
13. You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) ZRS may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that ZRS shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) ZRS shall provide a picture credit for all entries.
14. You own the copyright to your Campaign entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If ZRS has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then ZRS may not consider it and may disqualify it.
15. Participants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Campaign has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Campaign and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in an entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
Picking the winners
16. The ZRS Team together with the judges, will choose a winning entry each month from all the valid entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the “Monthly Winner”).Full details of the judging process and the names of the Judges are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
17. When choosing the winner and runners up, the Judges will be looking for the most well compelling, artistic and original image that evokes the best interpretation of the theme.
18. The Judges’ decision of who the Monthly Winner is each month will be made on or before the 1st of the month following the end of the relevant monthly competition (so, for example, the Monthly Winner for December 2014 will be chosen on or before 1st January 2015). The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winning entry from each monthly competition will be entered into the overall competition and a winning entry from the 11 Monthly Winners (the “Overall Winner”) will be chosen by John Doe on or before [ ] January 2015. When choosing the Overall
Winner, John Doe will be looking for the most [insert criteria] image. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.